Royal Golden Eagle (RGE), a group of world class companies founded by visionary entrepreneur and businessman, Sukanto Tanoto, currently holds assets of up to US $15 billion, spanning operations throughout Indonesia, China and Brazil – all the while driving sustainable harvesting and manufacturing practices.
RGE manages companies in several business sectors that include: energy resource development – Pacific Oil & Gas, specialty cellulose – Bracell, viscose staple fibre – Sateri, pulp and paper – APRIL & Asia Symbol, and the palm oil industry – Asian Agri & Apical
2016 was a year of exceptional growth and fruition of several strategic business initiatives for RGE and their business groups. Yet despite the company’s focus on growth throughout 2016, their corporate social responsibility towards the local community and the climate was not forgotten – both key initiatives held in high esteem by company founder, Mr. Tanoto.
RGE’s 2016 key achievements for business growth include:
- Chairman of RGE, Sukanto Tanoto adds a fourth ‘C’ to RGE’s business philosophy, which originally included ‘Company’, ‘Community’ and ‘Country’ as key focus areas of RGE’s operations. ‘Climate’ is a promise to increase focus on climate change and sustainability practices within RGE and its subsidiary companies.
- Environmental approval was given to Woodfibre LNG, a subsidiary of Pacific Oil & Gas, by the Canadian government.
- The Guangzhou Gas Group and Woodfibre LNG Export sign the LNG Agreement – aimed at providing a long-term stable supply of natural gas to meet the rapidly-growing demand for clean energy in Guangzhou City.
- Bracell completed a US $1.1 billion privatization exercise.
- APRIL joins PEFC as an international stakeholder member.
- The APRIL Group received the prestigious Green Award from the Indonesian government – recognized for the responsible sustainability practices implemented at several plants.
- Asian Agri’s small holders become the first recipients of the replanting grant from the Indonesian Palm Oil Estate Fund – benefitting 135 small holders throughout the Mulus Rahavu Co-operative.
After a highly successful 2016, the RGE group of companies, with Mr. Tanoto at the helm, looks forward to yet another transformative and successful year in 2017. For frequent updates on RGE’s sustainability initiatives, projects, business developments and corporate social responsibility drives, Sukanto Tanoto, RGE chairman, offers all the news on: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or LinkedIn
Find out more about RGE’s 2016 highlights here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anaAyWsgZIU